There are 5 universal ways that all people express and interpret love. They are the tools you feel you personally need to know when you are loved.
1. Words of affirmation- Hearing I love you and compliments are what they value the most.
2. Quality Time - Unlike the words of affirmation language, talk is cheap. They want your undivided attention.
3. Receiving gifts- They like to receive tangible gifts. Not to say they are materialistic but to know that you were thinking about them when you got the gift.
4. Acts of service- People who speak the language of service want their partner to recognize that their life is rough and help them out in any way possible. Lending a helping hand shows you really care.
5. Physical touch-To this person, nothing speaks more deeply than appropriate touch. That doesn't mean only in the bedroom — everyday physical connections, like hand-holding, kissing, or any type of re-affirming physical contact is greatly appreciated.
Find out your love language here! Love Language Quiz